PRLog (Press Release) – Oct 10, 2011 – There’s a lot of ‘buzz’ these days about Mobile Marketing, and how it’s changing the world of advertising and direct communication with consumers. Consider the following:
- The CTIA just announced on Tuesday that U.S. market penetration of mobile devices has now exceeded 100%; the country now has more wireless subscriber connections than people with 327.6 million wireless connections and 315.5 million people, for a penetration rate of 103.9%
- Mobile devices will pass PCs as the access device of choice by 2013 (Gartner)
- One-third of mobile searches are local in nature (Google)
- Mobile retail will reach $12 billion by 2014 (Juniper Research)
- 53% of mobile users would share their location to receive more relevant ads (Mashable)
- Mobile coupon redemption is 10x that of traditional coupons (Borrell Associates).
However, as marketers begin to become familiar with all of the Mobile Marketing options available to them, one issue they will need to give serious consideration to is how to integrate Mobile into their existing marketing strategy.
To enable Michigan marketers to gain a better understanding of this high-impact, high-response, low-cost medium and the most effective ways to take advantage of it, and in celebration of the 1-year anniversary of Mobile Monday Detroit, the Mobile Technology Association of Michigan (MTAM) is sponsoring a ‘Mobile Marketing Showcase’ to enable Michigan-based mobile marketing firms to educate ad agencies, pr firms, corporate marketers and small business owners about the benefits and opportunities for increased customers and revenue that Mobile Marketing can provide.
Taking place in the Atrium at Compuware headquarters in Detroit from 1 – 5:30 p.m. on Monday, October 17th, the Mobile Marketing Showcase will feature exhibits and speakers from Michigan-based Mobile Marketing services firms, and from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. the regular meeting of Mobile Monday Detroit is also focusing on Mobile Marketing during it’s program, ‘Mobile Marketing for Businesses; How, Why and What You Can Expect’ with a variety of speakers including representatives from Google.
Mobile Marketing Showcase exhibitors include:
- Fourstream USA (mobile apps/websites, QR codes, text messaging, search engine optimization)
- jacAPPS (mobile app development, strategic mobile consulting, research)
- Mobile Comply (automated tool to mobilize an existing website, mobile app/web development, mobile marketing consulting)
- Mousetrap Mobile (mobile apps and marketing, text communications solutions, social media)
- KoHorts IT (automated mobile vouchers and custom mobile customer intelligence)
- Logic Solutions (custom mobile strategy and app development, web applications, comprehensive websites)
Mobile Marketing Showcase presenters include:
- Nicole Piggott, Vice-President, Mousetrap Mobile
- Doug Zeffer, Director of Mobile Development, Logic Solutions
- Rob Kamal, President, KoHorts IT
- Elaina Farnsworth, President, Mobile Comply
- Paul Jacobs, Vice-President/General Manager, jacAPPS
- Buzz Brown, CEO, Fourstream USA
The evening’s presenters at Mobile Monday Detroit will include:
- Samira Lama and Angela Sherman, Mobile Specialists at Google who will speak on the future of mobile and why marketers need to reshape their strategies to reach the always-connected, ‘mobilized’ consumer.
- Mark Powers, CEO at 118id, a Troy-based marketing performance optimization firm who will describe how cross-channel measurement is transforming mobile data into business action
- Linda Daichendt, Executive Director of the Mobile Technology Association of Michigan; Co-founder of Mobile Monday Michigan and CEO of Strategic Growth Concepts who will discuss mobile marketing options, trends, and response rates.
The Mobile Marketing Showcase and Mobile Monday Detroit are both FREE and open to the public. Anyone interested in learning more about Mobile Marketing is encouraged to attend both events. Details about both events are available via the Mobile Monday Detroit Meetup site at http://meetup.com/Mobile-Monday-Detroit. Reservations are required for the evening Mobile Monday Detroit event.
The Mobile Marketing Showcase is sponsored by Mobile Monday Detroit, the Mobile Technology Association of Michigan, Compuware and Verizon Wireless.
Anyone with questions may contact MTAM at info@GoMobileMichigan.org.