What a difference a year makes! The mobile technology industry has been extremely dynamic over the last few years, and 2011 was no exception. On December 12th, join Mobile Monday Detroit as we explore ‘Mobile: the Impact of 2011 and What the Future Holds’.
The format of this meeting will encourage broad audience participation and input as we explore the industry from a global, national, statewide and local perspective. MoMoDetroit organizers, Linda Daichendt (Mobile Technology Association of Michigan), Glenn Everitt (Compuware) and Randy Nunez (Ford Motor Company) will get things started by highlighting key events and trends of 2011 which may include any of a diverse list of topics such as:
- The death of Steve Jobs; how will it impact Apple and the mobile industry overall?
- Nokia’s move away from Symbian smartphone OS to Microsoft’s Windows Mobile
- AT&T’s bid to purchase T-mobile; will it happen, and if so, what will be the effect?
- The rise of the media tablet
- Google’s purchase of Motorola Mobility
- Adobe’s decision to do away with Mobile Flash
- What about RIM? Are they still relevant? Can they regain their role in the mobile ecosystem?
- Which mobile sectors began to emerge in 2011, and which are expected to continue gaining momentum; M2M, mHealth, mCommerce, Location-based services, etc.?
- How did mobile technology impact Michigan in 2011 and what should we expect moving forward?
- Many more!
Participants may register to attend at http://meetup.com/Mobile-Monday-Detroit and are urged to bring their thoughts, perspectives, opinions and questions as together we reflect on 2011 and explore the year’s impact on the mobile / wireless technology industry in 2012 and beyond. This interactive format will enable attendees to share their expertise and gain insights from others that may impact their firm’s strategy going forward.
The meeting takes place at Compuware Headquarters located at One Campus Martius in Detroit on Monday, December 12th at 5:30 p.m., and is free to attend, though reservations are required for security purposes. Free parking is available to those who utilize Compuware’s parking deck and have their parking stub validated when signing in at the meeting. Refreshments will be served.
Mobile Monday Detroit is a chapter of Mobile Monday Michigan and is sponsored by the Mobile Technology Association of Michigan, Mobile Monday Michigan and Compuware.